let us pray ...
Abba, in the quiet of the day, I am filled with gratitude for Your mercy and grace. Even as I wrestle to understand why You allow the evils that bring so much suffering into this world and the reasons why my own heart is tempted to be drawn from You, I pray:
Give strength.
Speak peace to the storms.
Show the Way that the Spirit leads.
Jesus, the simple words You taught us to pray are my prayer today.
"May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven.
Give us our food for today, and
forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation but deliver us from the evil one."
(Matthew 6:10-13, NLT)
May the Gospel of the “Kingdom Come” to us grip my heart, leading me to life and light. Then, Lord, may I be a person who carries that light into my world – with love, with kindness, and in peace.
In Jesus’ Holy Name, I pray. Amen

No comments:
Post a Comment