Friday, November 13, 2015

Lean in! Touch Jesus! Be healed!

Got a need that is crushing the life out of you? Carrying a burden that makes every step a weary one?  So did the little woman who pushed her way through the crowd to find Jesus.  Her illness left her weak physically and she was emotionally alone, too, for those around her considered her ‘unclean’ because of it.  For years she had tried one ‘cure’ after another.  Hope was just a word in the dictionary - until someone told her about Someone who had answers. She was fearful but willing to take a risk, yet again. She spotted Him. It was easy to knew Who He was, there at the center of attention. She leaned in with the thought, "If I can just touch Him, even the hem of His robe, I'll be healed."  
Just as she did, He turned! He sensed her faith, though she was unseen. He wanted to speak with her, to complete the work so He asked, "Who touched me?" "When the woman realized that she couldn't remain hidden, she knelt trembling before him. In front of all the people, she blurted out her story-why she touched him and how at that same moment she was healed. Jesus said, "Daughter, you took a risk trusting me, and now you're healed and whole. Live well, live blessed!" (Luke 8:47-48, The Message)
Does something in your life weaken you, break your spirit, drag you down?  
Have you nearly lost hope, resigned to your ‘fate?’  
There is One who can restore you, make you whole. 
Will you lean in to touch Him?Press in to touch the Lord Jesus Christ.
How can I do that, you may be asking? I cannot walk down to the town square and find Him in a crowd.  But, He is still among us.  Make time to be in worship; not ‘church’ but worship.  That can happen on an early morning walk, in a quiet late evening time with an open Bible, as you’re driving to work with tears running down your face.  We need to push through the distractions that keep us from Him. We need to deal honestly and with the temptations that would replace Him.  
Yes, use the aid of corporate worship in a place your mind associates with ‘the holy.’  Go to church. Do not excuse yourself with the excuse that you have so much to do. Go early and sit quietly as you wait on Him! 
Do not abandon times of mediation in which you absorb a passage from His Word.
Make a time each day that is His time.  “Jerry, do you know the kind of life I have? Do you know that there are kids in my house?”  I hear you. So, you will have to be intentional and creative to make a time, but lean in and touch Him!
Lean in!  Here is a word from the Word. 
"Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my body is in agony. I am sick at heart. How long, O Lord, until you restore me?" (Psalm 6:2-3, NLT)
"The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer." (Psalm 6:9, NLT)
___________
Breathe
This is the air I breathe,
This is the air I breathe,
Your holy Presence living in me.
This is my daily bread,
This is my daily bread,
Your very word spoken to me.
And I I'm desperate for You!
And I I'm lost without You!

Marie Barnett
© 1995 Mercy / Vineyard Publishing (Admin. by Vineyard Music USA)
CCLI License # 810055

No comments: